Sunday, October 30, 2011

Thursday Night at June

Home, home, home again. Coming back to Portland for the weekend is always such a treat, and this weekend was no different. The second I stepped off my plane, I just felt... better. I even enjoyed the 20 minutes I spent waiting outside the terminal for my ride; taking in the fresh air and watching people greet their friends and family, coming and going.

By the time we got home, the sun was setting and our little street was glowing with the colors of Fall.

IMG_2299
My street at sunset

That night, I met up with Whitney and Erin for some dinner at June over on East Burnside. As always, it was so great to see them and dinner was full of the usual hysterics, exciting news, crazy conversation, and mild harassment of our waiter. It all began with Whitney, as it usually does. She arrived about fifteen minutes early and discovered a great French wine at the bar while she waited for Erin and I. Of course, it being French and tasty and all, I had to try a glass at dinner. Sounds simple enough right? "I'll have a glass of whatever it is she ordered." No joke, it took our waiter about five tries to get it right; bringing out bottle after bottle of wine, each of which Whitney and I tasted and compared to her own glass. Suddenly we were wine connoisseurs. Who knew?

The food was pretty good. A small menu with a lot of meat dishes (not really my thing) but I decided on a pork sausage that Whitney claimed tasted like "Christmas in your mouth." Then, about midway through our meal, we became distracted when we noticed an odd group of diners admiring a wooden table from afar. The very second the people sitting at 'said table' paid their bill and got up to leave, the aforementioned 'odd group of diners' flocked to 'said table' like geese. These people then gathered around the table, petting, discussing, and staring at it for a good ten minutes... I kid you not. They even pulled aside one of the poor waiters to grill him about it; asking him how much it cost, what kind of wood it was made from, who had crafted it, etc. Literally, a live episode of Portlandia right there.

We stayed until we were the only ones left in the restaurant and convinced one of the waiters to snap some pictures of us outside before we left. You just can't end a night like that without some visual souvenirs. Overall, the atmosphere and the service were great and we had an absolute blast. Granted, we would have had a blast just about anywhere, but June proved to be a charming little place for food, beverage, laughter, and free entertainment all in one.

L1020195
Whitney, Me, and Erin at June - I'm wearing Fiorentini + Baker boots, Helmut Lang leather leggings, and an Étoile Isabel Marant mohair sweater

Snapped this fuzzy little photo on the way home. I just love that old Portland, Oregon sign when it lights up at night.
IMG_2307
Burnside bridge at night

Lots more from this weekend to share with you later. But now, I'm off to enjoy my lazy Sunday - as should you.

Happy Hallow's Eve and à bientôt!

No comments:

Post a Comment