Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The First of Fall

Finally, the last couple of days have dropped to the low 60's and sweaters are slowly making their way toward the front of my closet. We even had the first rain fall of the season yesterday which kept me inside, curled up, watching "The Breakfast Club" and sipping on a warm chai. There's just nothing quite better than finding refuge indoors when it's cold and gloomy outside.

Better yet, this morning I was able to throw on a sweater and boots without breaking into sweat on my long walk to class. It's the simple things in life.

IMG_2175
Sweater: T by Alexander Wang / Feather-Drop Earrings: Isabel Marant / Watch: Michael Kors / Booties: Isabel Marant

I picked up this sweater in San Francisco earlier this year and have found myself wearing it through the seasons... with shorts and skirts in the summer, with boots and pants in the fall. Anyway, it's the perfect take on the crop sweater with nice, long sleeves and a quality fabric that doesn't stretch. The earrings I picked up in Paris this Summer at a delightful little concept store called Merci in the Marais which I plan to tell you more about soon. I thought I wasn't in to the whole "feather-trend" until Isabel Marant kindly informed me otherwise. And the boots... what is there to say about the boots. Probably my favorite pair in my closet at the moment. They're casual enough that I can throw them on with anything, yet the combination of the heel and suede instantly heighten any look from boring, to chic. I just couldn't really ask for anything better!

Thursday, I'm off to Portland to enjoy some real Fall weather; visiting friends and family, baking some seasonal treats, and taking my Mom shopping for some new clothes. Can't wait!

À bientôt!

No comments:

Post a Comment