Sunday, October 2, 2011

PFW: Carven and Isabel Marant

While the beginning of Fall may be the highlight of my week over here on the West Coast, life across the pond just won't quit raining on my parade. It's simple math really... On one side, we have the return of the pumpkin spice latte and "The Lion King" to select theaters in 3D, and on the other, we have the once-annual nuit blanche and the much anticipated Fashion Week showcasing the Spring/Summer styles of the future.
Like I said... simple math: San Jose < Paris.

Oh la la, what I would give to be in Paris right now. With Paris Fashion Week now in full swing, it has become entirely clear that our closets are in for a fabulous surprise come Spring. And while there are so many great designers turning out some serious eye candy, I just have to share with you two of my Parisian favorites.

CARVEN
First up, we have Carven, one of my absolute favorite French lines that keeps on giving. Genius designer Guillaume Henry has mastered the art of Parisian elegance with a few little surprises of his own... Think cut-outs above the bust, big bows on the chest, short skirts, and luxurious fabrics. For Spring/Summer 2012, I was excited to see Carven get even more playful with some great mismatched prints, bright colors, fun layers, and lots of leather while still holding true to it's coveted reputation as a go-to classic with clean cuts, and feminine shapes.
C 3 C 4 C 1 C 6 C 2 C 5
All photos via Style.com

ISABEL MARANT
And of course, what would a Paris Fashion Week post be without a large dose of Isabel Marant. Seriously, could this line get any stinkin' cooler or what? In an interview backstage with Style.com, Mme. Marant said "she was thinking about what a girl traveling around the world for her summer holidays would pack in her ideal suitcase." I simply couldn't have put it any better myself. Once again, Isabel Marant capitalizes the E in 'Effortless fashion' with messy knits, playful patterns, stylish tie-dye, and even some colorful expressionism à la Jackson Pollock.
IM 6 IM 1 IM 5 IM 4 IM 3 IM 2
All photos via Style.com

Such wondrous creations raise the question: where oh where would we be without the French? Well, one thing's for sure: our lives would seriously be lacking in style and delicious macarons.

I may be missing out on all the fun right now, but I must keep reminding myself... just 6.5 more weeks and I'll be off to Paris with Lily and Francesca to enjoy all of the magnificent splendors Paris has to offer! Until then... let the countdown begin.

À bientôt!

No comments:

Post a Comment