Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Shop Around Portland

L1020199

Last Saturday, Lily and I spent the day shopping around Portland. It was a beautiful, clear Fall day, perfect for walking around downtown and hopping in and out of some of our favorite shops. First, we checked out jewelry shop Twist and the boutique just next door, Blake, in uptown. If you're my friend, you know that I think bracelets just make the best gifts, so I was happy to see that Twist had a great selection of funky bracelets by Tai, Julie Rofman, Shashi, Stormie, and many more. With the holidays coming up, I'll be keeping that in mind. Next door at Blake, I was surprised by how nicely they filled up the bigger space. They used to be located down 23rd avenue and this was my first time at their new spot. The service, selection of denim and sale denim is the same, but their men's section is much bigger now and they have a ton of Pendleton's Portland line; fitting enough, I'd say.

Next, we scooted downtown to Nordstrom's which continued to impress me with their large selection of Carven, 3.1 Phillip Lim, Vince, and Alexander Wang. I resisted all of the temptations however, and continued reminding myself that shopping in Paris will be oh sooo much better. In the end, I left with a new wine colored lipstick from YSL and Giorgio Armani's 'Eyes to Kill' mascara which has instantly become my new favorite.

L1020203
Lily wearing her new Joie cape, vintage blouse, Helmut Lang leggings, Prada patent loafers, and Rebecca Minkoff bag

A little shopped out, we made our way into the Pearl for some warm apple cider at a cafe in Jamison square called Cloud Seven. It's a cute little cafe with lots of indoor seating for those busy at work, and a great outdoor space right in the square perfect for people watching. Although we were disappointed by the quality of their cider (or heated up apple juice, I should say) they had some good things on the menu and the coffees looked great. I'll be going back over Christmas with some friends for sure.

L1020205
L1020224
ACNE men's sweater, Sandro tank, Rag & Bone waxed leggings, Isabel Marant boots, Proenza Schouler bag

On our way home, Lily showed me this awesome little leather shop called Tanner Goods on Burnside. They specialize in hand-crafted goods that they produce by hand right in their studio in northwest Portland. Think customizable belts, wallets, lanyards, hand-assembled notebooks, and pet collars, as well as a cool collection of books and some clothing. It's a neat little shop and the perfect place to pick up a gift for those hard-to-shop-for dudes in your life.

Conveniently enough, right across the street from Tanner Goods is one of my favorite little women's boutiques in all of Portland. I love Odessa for the fact they carry mostly one line, Étoile Isabel Marant, along with their regular selection of Repetto flats. Of course, I was drooling over every single piece, shoe, belt, and accessory as Lily stood back and watched me rifle through each rack about ten times. I just can't even wait to walk into the Isabel Marant store in Paris in two weeks and get my full fix for what has to be my favorite line at the moment. Two weeks, that is fourteen days from today I tell you!! Incroyable!

Here's to the continued countdown and to the second day of November. I hope you all remembered to say "rabbit, rabbit!" For the first time in my entire life, I actually did... Something tells me, it's going to be a great month.

À bientôt!

No comments:

Post a Comment