Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Looking Forward to Paris: Part 2

Oy... these days leading up to Paris are just too loooong. Nevertheless, the countdown continues at 7 days to go! Here are a few more things I will be looking forward to until then...

Our Rental Apartment in Saint Germain: When I visited Paris this Summer, I booked a lovely apartment on Rue du Bac through vacation-rental agency, Haven in Paris. I was so impressed by the quality of the apartment, the incredible services offered, their friendly staff, and the simplicity of the rental process, that I booked with them again for this trip. In my opinion, there is nothing better than seeing Paris like a local, and having your own apartment as opposed to staying in a hotel is key to achieving this. I love getting to know the neighborhood and being able to cook in the apartment (we plan to make a Thanksgiving dinner!), entertain friends, and enjoy a leisurely apéro before stepping out for dinner. Not only do you end up saving a lot of money, but you also get a lot more space for your euro, which is great - especially when you are traveling with friends!

Picture 4
Picture 3
Picture 5
Photos of the apartment via Haven in Paris

A Walk Through the Jardin du Luxembourg: Every time I go to Paris, I have to visit the Jardin du Luxembourg. The park is absolutely beautiful and I've had so many great memories here of all the times I've visited since I was a child. On weekends, the park is always full of couples sitting and chatting with friends as their children run around playing and floating boats in the pond. It's a truly charming scene and I couldn't be happier that it is less than a mile away from our apartment this trip! I love walking through the park, sitting on a bench, people watching, and then enjoying un café or un verre de vin at Le Rostand, a classic cafe just across the street.

P3260963
My mother, Harris, me, and Francesca walking through the park in late March of this year
P3260974
The fam
P3260979

Shopping at Le Bon Marché: My favorite department store in the entire world. Enough said. But seriously, this place is heaven on earth. Every floor is meticulous; beautifully designed, organized, and the sales people are usually very friendly (I've only had one bad experience out of many). Of course, they house every single one of my favorite French brands (Carven, Céline, Isabel Marant, Sandro, and Maje... just to name a few) and La Grande Épicerie is absolutely to die for with specialty foods from all over the world and a bakery section that smells divine. It just can't get much better than that - except at this time of year, when they put up their annual Christmas decorations. Oh la laaa c'est beau!

L1010072
L1010572
Picture 7


Well, that's all for now... More to come later this week! Have a very happy Wednesday and à bientôt!

No comments:

Post a Comment