Sunday, November 20, 2011

Back from Paris: New In

Well, we're back from Paris! I'm slowly recovering from jet lag, but I think the overall lack of sleep these past 10 days is the real reason I keep falling asleep at 7:30pm every night. Needless to say, it was a very successful séjour à Paris. Among the many things we accomplished... Many a strolls through the Jardin des Tuileries, Concorde, Père Lachaise, and St. Germain, lovely breakfasts at Eric Kayser, shopping at the Bon Marché, Printemps, Isabel Marant, and Zara (to name a few), a makeshift Thanksgiving dinner at the Bristol, a visit to the Grand Palais to admire the incredible Stein collection of paintings, many long dinners with friends and family, several fabulous nights out on the town, and an abundance of champagne and rosé... I'm still in the process of uploading/organizing all of the photos, but visuals of these adventures will be up soon!

I just wanted to share with you now my favorite purchase of the entire trip: this lovely Jérôme Dreyfuss bag. I already did a post on this fabulous French designer back in September, but my love for this label lives on. I instantly fell for the sac Bobbi as the perfect going-out bag. It has just the right amount of surprise with the gold chain strap, rich burgundy python leather, and zip details on the bottom, without overpowering the rest of a look.

IMG_2352

This next week is packed with papers, projects, and finals, all while simultaneously trying to take my mind off the fact that I'm no longer in Paris... But, it's the last day of November which means the Christmas festivities may commence! And there's no reason to be down during the holidays. I just can't wait to go home next week, take a deep breath, relax, and fill my days with friends, family, cooking, great food, and Christmas music, movies, and parties.

I hope you are all doing well! If you're overwhelmed with work like I am, well, "Bon courage !" as they say in France. More updates on the trip to come this week...

À bientôt!

No comments:

Post a Comment