Monday, November 14, 2011

Looking Forward to Paris: Part 3

I am so excited for Paris right now, I don't even think I can manage an introduction.... So we'll just get right to it - A few more things I simply can't wait to do while in Paris.

Drinks at Prescription Cocktail Club: You could easily walk past this two-level bar near Odéon without even knowing it. Down Rue Mazarine you won't hear any sounds and you won't see any flashing Prescription Cocktail Club signs either. As much as this gem of a bar has tried to keep under the radar, in the past year or so it has become quite the popular spot for the chic after-work crowds. On weekends, the place is packed with 20-30 somethings sipping on Prescription's delicious drinks and loudly talking over the hip music. On weekdays though, this little bar is usually pretty mellow; a stylish spot to enjoy a drink before going out on the town. When you walk into the dim lit space it feels as though you've walked into someone's lavish study. Books line the walls and a spiral staircase openly connects the two floors. Even if it's not your "scene," the drinks alone are worth it. Freshly squeezed juices from every fruit imaginable are kept cool and masterfully mixed with top quality alcohols to create a drink that is truly unique and delicious.

Picture 5
Photos via 60 by 80
281258_2098936986428_1035480024_32085119_3087540_n
Photo by Carter

Shopping and Drinks/Snacks at Merci: A beautiful and spacious concept store in the Marais district of Paris, Merci has become one of my new favorite shopping destinations. It's a little ways from the center hub of the Marais, but the walk is absolutely worth it. The two-level, lofted space (apparently, this post is dedicated to multi-level establishments) is home to men's and women's clothing, unique jewelry, home and kitchen goods, as well as books, stationary, art, and a beautiful little flower shop. Plus, a portion of the profits are donated to charities, so you can feel good about your purchases. Then, when you're all shopped out, go sit and enjoy some fresh squeezed juices or home-made iced teas with a small bite to eat at Merci's charming little café. It's the perfect way to spend an afternoon!

Picture 1
Picture 4
Photos via Sunday Suppers
IMG_1911
Photo by Carter

Picking Up the Essentials at the French Pharmacy: French pharmacies are heaven. Whenever I come to Paris, I always have a list about a page long of all the things I need to pick up for family and friends, and myself of course, at the pharmacy. So, whenever I'm walking about the city and see one of those flashing green pharmacy signs, I scurry on in to pick up the essentials. My friend Sophie swears by Spidefen, a French ibuprofen, for her headaches, and their massive selection of beauty products are magic. As for me, I'm a huge fan of the Klorane Gentle Dry Shampoo with Oatmilk and the Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentré facial cream. I've also heard great things about Bioderma's Créaline H20 make-up remover, Biotherm's body scrub, and Darphin's firming body cream. The pharmacy is full of great finds so I'll be sure to share them with you when I get back!

IMG_0997
Photo via Cosme-De.com

I hope you are all having a wonderful Monday! À bientôt!

No comments:

Post a Comment