Friday, September 23, 2011

Label to Love: Jérôme Dreyfuss

On my last trip to Paris in August, I was on a serious hunt for a new bag. As with any big purchase, I had given the bag-to-be some major thought and believed I knew exactly what I wanted: something black, big enough to throw my books in, and versatile in a classic shape I would not get sick of. And so, the hunt began... I browsed through the big department stores like Printemps and Le Bon Marché, I searched online, I even looked to les parisiennes for some inspiration.

Despite all my efforts, two and a half weeks later it was my last day in Paris and I was still empty handed. Luckily, I had some last-minute errands to run... think Ladurée, the French pharmacy, and one final walk-through at Isabel Marant... which took me to Rue Jacob, a beautiful and quiet little street in the 7e arrondissement. There, I stumbled across the Jérôme Dreyfuss boutique... or, as I came to know it, handbag heaven. And while I can't actually share that blissful experience with you (so sad, I know), here's a little slice of that heaven...

Igor in hazelnut lambskin / Twee in mustard goatskin / Momo in green python

Carlos in bordeaux python / Billy in leopard print leather

Paul in black python / Popoche in tweed lambskin

With over 15 styles and nearly as many color and material options to choose from, the French get it right once again! Five strolls around the boutique, a short discussion with the friendly sales associate, and twenty minutes later, I was sold. Well, more accurately, the bag was sold for I had found le sac parfait!

So... you're probably wondering which of the lovely gems above I chose? Well, it's not pictured. But not to worry my friends! Detailed photos to come of the lovely Jérôme Dreyfuss in the flesh.

In the meantime, you can tide over your handbag fantasies by drooling over their beautiful website or shop online at Barneys, Hampden Clothing, or Net-A-Porter.

Happy Friday et à bientôt!

No comments:

Post a Comment