Thursday, February 16, 2012

My Week in Pictures: New York City

Wow... what an amazing week in New York City. I even ended up prolonging my stay because we were having too much fun. But... all good things must come to an end, right? Nevertheless, I came home with a hefty suitcase, satisfied stomach, and a new found love and passion for a city that (believe it or not) I was never too crazy about before. Unlike my previous visits to New York, (in the middle of summer overcome by heat and humidity) this time, I lucked out with mild and beautiful winter weather; perfect for exploring the city and hitting all the spots I've been taking note of the past few months. Among the many adventures: a cookie tour inspired by Amy Thomas to both Levain and City Bakeries (they're both incredible), an afternoon of exploring and shopping in Soho, a visit to the Alexander Wang store (I nearly passed out from excitement), dinners at Balthazar and Morimoto, several inspirational visits to ABC Carpet & Home (interior design lovers rejoice - this place is amazing), and many a bowl-sized cappuccinos at Le Pain Quotidien (a chain I used to frequent with friends in Paris).

DSC_0375_2
The City Bakery on West 18th & 5th Ave.
DSC_0374_2
The City Bakery's Famous Chocolate Chip Cookie
DSC_0410_2
Street Art in Soho
IMG_2728
Alexander Wang Store - Soho
Picture 1
Some Major Wishlists in the Making at Alexander Wang
IMG_2725
City Lights
IMG_2729
Escargots at Balthazar
IMG_2730
The Balthazar Salad
DSC_0631_2
Exploring NYC
DSC_0619_2
Clear Winter Day in NYC
DSC_0535_2
Snow at Night
IMG_2762
Levain Bakery on West 74th & Amsterdam Ave.
DSC_0555_2
Levain Bakery's Famous Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookie
IMG_2739
Hamachi Tartare at Morimoto
IMG_2766
New Maison Martin Margiela Booties

It was pretty lucky that my trip coincided with fashion week; there was such energy in the air. And, needless to say, the shopping in New York was incredible. After months of admiring these beautiful clothes online, there's nothing like seeing them in the flesh. And my god... I'm just convinced that Alexander Wang, 3.1 Phillip Lim, and ACNE will never fail to impress me... I can't wait for more of their spring stuff to become available. Oh, and the new Rag & Bone and 10 Crosby by Derek Lam collections were also to die for - more on all of that later. By far, the best purchase of the trip (aside from those mouth watering cookies) were the Maison Martin Margiela boots that I snagged at 75% off - major score! There were only 2 pairs left, one of which was my size. Fate..? I think yes.

À bientôt!

No comments:

Post a Comment