Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Great Reads: Paris My Sweet

February 1st marked the much anticipated release of Amy Thomas' first book, Paris My Sweet: A Year in the City of Light (and Dark Chocolate). A self-proclaimed sweet-freak, Amy's delightful book chronicles her experiences eating her way through Paris while working for Louis Vuitton on the Champs Elysées. While it is undeniably all very glamorous, Amy doesn't hold back from sharing her difficulties living the expat life in the city of lights. Suffering from a torn New Yorker/Parisian identity crisis, tough assignments at work, and difficulties assimilating with les parisiens, Amy's book is an honest account of her time in Paris that perfectly parallels her journey to find the best sweets in the city.

bookcover

As an avid reader of Amy's blog, God I Love Paris, you can bet I had this book pre-ordered weeks before it's release. Dragging my feet home from a long day of class last Friday, I suddenly remembered what would be waiting for me at my doorstep... The manilla Amazon envelope with Amy's book inside. Let's just say that by weekends end, I had devoured the entire thing and wished (oh so badly) that it wasn't over. Honestly, I loved every second of this book : from her hilarious dating stories and oh-so-perfect observations of les parisiens, to her vivid, mouth-watering descriptions of the best sweets Paris and New York have to offer, Amy had me totally hooked!

You can purchase Amy's book here, read an interview with her at paris (im)perfect, or get acquainted with her at her blog, God I Love Paris!

Happy reading and à bientôt!

No comments:

Post a Comment